Here’s a list of places in and around Greater Boston to celebrate the 4th of July in 2014. Ten spots (listed alphabetically) to choose from…some of them have *fireworks*, all of them include *fun*…like parades, live music, food, games and much, much more. Enjoy!!
- Acton Mass. July 4th Celebration at NARA Park, Acton MA, July 4, 2014 from 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm with family fun activities, live music and *fireworks* beginning at 9:30 pm.
- Arlington Independence Day Celebration at Robbins Farm Park, Arlington MA, July 4, 2014 with musical entertainment provided by the “The Reminisants”, refreshments, and of course, the Boston Pops Orchestra and Fireworks on the giant screen (fireworks start at 10:30pm). The event is free and open to all.
- Boston Harborfest is favorite yearly destination for 4th of July festivities, running from July 2nd – July 6th 2014. Activities include Scavenger Hunts, Harbor Cruises and the annual USS Constitution Turn-Around. The Boston Pops *Fireworks* Spectacular with this year’s performers: The Beach Boys, Megan Hilty, The Phantom of the Opera and The Boston Children’s Chorus. And don’t forget, you can see the concert on July 3rd but there won’t be any fireworks.
- Chelmsford 4th of July Parade and Country Fair, Chelmsford, MA The fair will be held on Thursday, July 3, 2014 from 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm and on Friday, July 4, 2014 from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. The parade starts at 10:00 am on Friday, July 4, 2014.
- Concord Picnic in the Park, Concord MA at Emerson Field, on July 4, 2014 from 11:30 am to 4:30 pm Scheduled to have tethered balloon rides, a bicycle parade, live music, and family activities.
- Harvard Mass. 4th of July Events at Fruitlands Museum and Harvard Center, Harvard MA, July 2 – July 4, 2014 featuring a parade, live music, field events and *fireworks* on the 2nd beginning at 9:15 pm.
- Lexington 4th of July Carnival and Fireworks, Lexington, MA Carnival to be held at Hastings Park on Tuesday, July 1, 2014 through Saturday, July 5th with *fireworks* on Wednesday, July 2, 2014, after dusk.
- Lincoln Independence Day Activities, Lincoln, MA July 4, 2014 Activities include a 2.5 or 4 mile road race, parade, Boy Scout BBQ, concert and *fireworks*. The day’s events begin at 7:45 am and continue through the evening
- Newton July 4th Celebration, Newton, MA July 4, 2014 Scheduled events include children’s activities, Open Air Market, amusements rides, live music and *fireworks*.
- Waltham 4th of July Celebration, Prospect Hill Park and Leary Field Waltham, MA On Friday, July 4, 2014 at Prospect Hill Park from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm there will be a family event featuring children’s inflatables, pony rides, animal shows, music, and much more! That evening at Leary Field, Back in Time will be performing at 5:30pm followed by *fireworks* at 9:30pm.
For lots more ideas for places in Massachusetts to celebrate Independence Day, check out massvacation.com.
Photo credit: Beverly & Pack / Foter / Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0)