At Barrett & Company Real Estate we are excited to share another one of our 52 favorite things about living in and around Greater Boston…fresh strawberry picking and strawberry festivals.
A number of our favorite local pick-your-own farms are reporting that conditions are good and picking has started earlier than usual this year. So whether you want to get out in the field and do your own picking, or enjoy family-friendly activities at any number of upcoming festivals, here are some options for you.
- Pick-Your-Own-Strawberries Days at Drumlin Farm Lincoln MA
- Parlee Farms in Tyngsborough MA
- Verrill Farm in Concord MA
- Russell Orchards and Marini Farm in Ipswich MA
- Tougas Family Farm in Northboro MA
If you prefer your strawberries already picked, made into a yummy ready-to-eat concoction and coupled with activities there are a number of strawberry festivals scheduled over the next couple of weeks. There will be food, face painting, arts and crafts, recipe contests, artisans, vendors, live music and, of course, lots and lots of strawberries!
- First Church of Christ, Congregational 62nd Annual Strawberry Festival Bedford, MA Thursday June 14th, 2012 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Strawberries and Art Festival in Westford, MA Saturday June 16th, 2012 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (Rain date June 17 2012)
- Connors Farm Strawberry Festival in Danvers, MA Saturday June 16th, 2012 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (Rain date June 17 2012)
- Verrill Farm Strawberry Festival in Concord MA Saturday June 23rd, 2012 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Strawberry Dessert Festival
And all during the month of June 2012, the 5th Annual Strawberry Dessert Festival is being celebrated at restaurants, cafes and markets across the Bay State. Special strawberry desserts will be featured at places like 80 Thoreau in Concord, Post390 in Boston, Upstairs on the Square in Cambridge and many more many more participating locations. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Federation of Mass Farmers Markets. The Federation of Mass Farmers Markets is a 501 (c) 3 charitable non-profit organization. Their mission is to “partner with farmers, consumers, and communities to foster, enhance and sustain farmers markets in Massachusetts in order to improve regional farm viability, consumer nutrition, and community social and economic development.”
So get out and enjoy Massachusetts and those scrumptious strawberries!