The beautiful fall season is just around the corner! With the pleasant cooler temperatures and colorful fall leaves, it’s a great time to be outside and freshen up the exterior of your home. Here is a checklist to get you started in the weeks ahead.
- Paint your front door to enhance curb appeal and make your home stand out.
- Paint the exterior if there’s a lot of chipping or faded paint, or if the color is really outdated.
- If the exterior paint is already in good shape, do a little touch up paint and power wash it.
- Replace or repair any loose, missing, or damaged shingles.
- If the roof is not functionally sound, it’s time to get a new one.
- Check your roof’s drainage system.
- Clean, repair, and protect the gutters.
- If you have a problem with blockage, a mesh guard will help keep leaves and debris out.
Driveways & Walkways
- Repair any cracks and gaps so they don’t expand during the winter months.
Doors & Windows
- Replace worn weather stripping on doors and windows.
- Reseal caulk on doors and windows.
- If you have poorly insulated single pane windows, consider replacing them.
- Fertilize and cut your lawn one last time before winter.
- Mulch or rake up the leaves.
- Aerate to help the micronutrients get down into the soil and feed the lawn.
- Replace splintering wood and repair shaky railing.
- Power wash and reseal the deck.
- If your deck is falling apart, call an expert.
Remember to contact Barrett Sotheby's International Realty for all of your Greater Boston real estate needs!