August already - but don't despair - there are still several weeks of summer left! To help you make the most of it, we asked our realtors to recommend their favorite summer activities. Experts in the towns and communities they live and work in, they are more than happy to share their knowledge. Here's their pick of 7 fun things to do in the towns and cities north of Boston.
1. Listen to live music – the outdoor concert series at Nara Park in Acton continues until September with live bands and tribute acts.
2. Visit a local farm – explore the sunflower fields at Verrill Farm, Concord, or pick your own raspberries at Wright-Locke Farm, Winchester.
3. Enjoy an outdoor movie – head into Boston for free film nights at Christopher Columbus Park, or Prudential Center, or get the full drive-in movie experience at Mendon Twin Drive-In.
4. Get out on the water – rent a kayak or paddle board and chill out on the water at Spot Pond, Stoneham, Horn Pond, Woburn or Sudbury River in Concord.
5. Keep your cool - indulge in some delicious homemade ice cream! We love Bedford Farms in Bedford or Concord, Rancatore’s in Lexington and Kimball Farms in Westford.
6. Take in some art – take a wander around the outdoor artwork at deCordova Sculpture Park in Lincoln, or explore Photoville x Winchester, a series of installations in downtown Winchester.
7. Catch the sunset – enjoy swimming and cocktails as the sun goes down at the Sunset Tiki Bar and Grill, Westford.
If you want some more ideas for summer activities in your local area, ask one of our realtors! Search by office to find someone local to you.